Safran Aircraft Engines has announced the commercial launch of a new service providing remote borescope inspection recommendations in real time.
Safran Aircraft Engines has announced the commercial launch of B.SIde, a new service to provide remote borescope inspection recommendations in real time.
The service is designed to help airline technicians speed up decisions during the borescope inspection of engines, to keep their aircraft grounded for as short a time as possible. B.SIde also offers complementary distance learning modules to enhance the skills of customers' borescope inspectors.
Customers calling on B.SIde will receive a turnkey service package that includes the following:
- a briefcase containing the accessories needed to share borescope images;
- access to an interactive Web platform and to an app available on IOS;
- an automated checklist and inspection report generation tool, to ensure that all actions needed for the borescope inspection have been carried out;
- access to a secure cloud address to store and share inspection reports;
- contact with a borescope inspection expert from Safran Aircraft Engines.
B.SIde is now available for operators and providers offering repair services for civil aircraft engines developed by Safran Aircraft Engines, alone or in partnership.