Australia extends ARH Tiger support contract
Airbus has been awarded an extension of the Australian Army’s ARH Tiger through-life support (TLS) contract.
Airbus has been awarded an extension of the Australian Army’s Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter (ARH) Tiger through-life support (TLS) contract by the Australian Department of Defence.
The TLS extension covering the ARH programme until 2025 includes:
• more extensive aircraft and component deeper maintenance;
• operational maintenance of aircraft allocated to training;
• aircrew and technician training including maintenance of training devices;
• design services including OEM design incorporation;
• systems and software development and testing;
• complete parts support including MRO, purchasing, storage and distribution;
• technical publications; maintenance policy; and fleet management.
The Australian Army's fleet of 22 ARH Tiger attack helicopters has flown over 30,000 hours, deployed for day-and-night surveillance and fire-support missions.